Saturday, 15 December 2012
Thursday, 13 December 2012
Just watched the live action version of Rurouni Kenshin. One of the best I’ve seen! And because I can’t get over it, I had to create a look that’s Kenshin-inspired. Good thing Fassionista’s challenge for The Winonas group for this week is all about Japanese.
My Rurouni Kenshin-inspired look:
Friday, 29 June 2012
It has been 9 months since I started building my ShopStyle closet, styling tops/skirts/bags/shoes and joining challenges. In the past months, I'm so proud to say that I've won numerous challenges, some even hosted by my favorite SS stylists. One particular challenge I've recently won and had the honor of hosting is the Gard-robe group challenge. Its tagline goes: "Let your wardrobe do the talking." Lucyy, the week's winner and host asked everyone to style their favorite one-shoulder dress. Amongst the bevy of beautiful styles from talented SS divas, she picked my one-sholder dress "entry:
For that, I thank her. Lucyy--one who has an incredibly sexy and sophisticated stylebook, picking my look is truly an honor.
Now as the winner, I get to pick and start the next challenge. It didn't take long for me to decide on the Alexander McQueen clutches. To me, these are the ultimate statement pieces with its trademak shape and skull/knuckle clasp. It really does the talikng. Of course, I only wish I could afford one. As with all the challenges, pick your favorite McQ clutch and style it anyway you can. The turnout of the "entries" are overwhelming. Every diva who participated in the challenge styled their favorite clutch amazingly. And I knew that by week's end, I'll be pulling my hair to pick for a winner.
Here are the ShopStyle divas' phenomenal creations:
By day 7, I've narrowed my choices down to three. Picking these 3 had been really difficult:
HarperLeo's was so beautiful. It's so romantic, and for me a complete juxtapose of McQueen's beautifully dark and edgy design.
Agent2278’s was jaw-droppin'. I can't think of any other word to describe it but luxurious. It was sexy and insanely beautiful. Fir for a [Mc]queen!
NaturalBornStyler’s was ---bitchin' yes. Every piece she picked to wear with the clutch was just rockin'. From the jacket down to the crazy shoes.
After too much hair-pulling, cartwheeling and headbanging, I picked this as my winner:
It’s a shame that I can only pick one.
As for me, I went for darkness and romance.
Again, thanks to the divas for creating these wonderful looks! Cheers to more challenges!
Sunday, 20 May 2012
She’s my queen of street style and she’s the ultimate mix master. She mixes prints and patterns flawlessly. Nobody does floral and leopard together better than her.
One more thing I adore about this girl are her chunky necklaces. She jazzes her day look with a statement piece, and glamorizes her evening wear even more with a bold necklace.
Here are my favorites [and I don’t think I’ll ever get enough of it]:
1. My favorite look, my favorite piece. Love the men’s wear, the silk top and the red polish.
2. Love the all black ensemble and that pop of gold around her neck.
3. The green necklace just pops! And she’s wearing prints!
4. Jazzing up a casual look.
5. And some more…
Wednesday, 16 May 2012
And then there are printed skirts. It can be a statement in itself depending on the print. But just like our beloved jeans, they’re as versatile and as comfy.
Here are my favorites on Pinterest, the long and short of it:
1. Classic length [calf-length] + basic white tee = effortless chic.
2. Am loving the vintage vibe to this look. Love the matching belt and sandals.
3. Ok this just surprisingly worked! Very well I must say. Love the chambray and printed skirt and printed clutch and sandals altogether!
4. Paired with a leather jacket for an edgier look. Love the colors!
5. A printed mini and button down shirt, perfect! She looks amazing!
Monday, 7 May 2012
I’m glad that skirts are taking center stage these days. Gone are the days when skirts are mainly associated with conservative church-going ladies, strict librarians and old maids. Nowadays, especially this season, skirts are dominating the runways and streets. For someone who loves to virtually people-watch, I’m thrilled to see how these flirty skirts are being reinvented and interpreted by these fashionable street walkers.
One of my favorites for the season is the classic pleated skirt. I simply adore how blowy and comfy they look and feel. And they can be paired with almost anything! From midi to maxi, here are some of my favorite ways to wear your sweet pleated skirt in style:
1. I love how effortlessly chic this look is. The combination of khaki and white is just classic. Finishing the look with a brown leather belt is genius.
2. White on white is just fresh and clean. Love the white midi skirt and the crisp white button down shirt together.
3. This ensemble just screams summer/spring. I am obsessing about the mint maxi skirt and the floral top! She’s just a breath of fresh summer air! I also love the gold accents!
4. Here’s another take on the “white on white” look. But this time, hers is a white maxi and long sleeved top. She looks expensive! White on white, long on long. Hehe.
5. And of course, how can you go wrong with a plain white tee? This would probably my favorite way to wear the pleated skirt: white a plain tee. For a day wear, wear with sandals or ballet flats. For evening wear, add some chunky necklace and finish with a pair of nude heels and you’re off!
Friday, 4 May 2012
I came to embrace summer this past years. Though I still prefer lower temperatures and nippy evenings, I learned to appreciate summer because of its fashion. Ok for one summer means beaches, turquoise, watermelons, ice popsicles and candy hues and pastels. But summer also brings to mind pretty dresses and flirty skirts.
I am obsessing about skirts so much that this summer alone, I was able to dug deep and scored five wonderful skirts from different flea markets around. My most prized [and priced!] piece I found from the dusty racks of the country’s thrift store capital, Baguio City. It was hanging there with its lovely embroidery peeking out, enticing me, almost begging me to pick her up. And when I finally noticed, it was love at first glance.
It’s your normal white midi skirt, but what really caught my attention are the amazing details. The embroidery is just beautiful.
First thing that came to mind when I saw it – ethereal. An exaggeration, maybe, but it brings to mind this photo I found online of a very fashionable streetwalker and her reworked 1930’s wedding dress.
And have you seen Taylor Swift’s video of Safe and Sound [Hunger Games OST]? It is, well, ethereal [I love that word hehe]. I just love her paleness and the gloominess of the woods. And her dress, wow.
The skirt I bought just have the otherwordly vibe in it and I’m loving it so much [if you can’t tell that by now].
I also think that it is a statement in itself. Pair it with a white tank, fitted tee, or a lacey top and you’re set.
So summer is so much sweeter for me this year. An ethereal skirt, four more skirts, a few dresses -- I’m summer lovin’ baby!
Can’t wait for my next trip to the woods!